Thursday, June 2, 2011

Brody is finally here LOL

So ya, that was over 2 years ago but I'm still talking about the past and trying to get to the present LOL....
I am not gonna lie, raising a child is not easy but it is def worth it!!
Me and Brody's dad split up after he was about 9 months old- We tried working it out once since then but ya it never happened... I really wanted us to be together for Brody, but it just wasn't right! We stayed together for almost 6 years! I can not even begin to explain how much I learned from that relationship, still learning every single day!! It is amazing how much a person can change! I have def become closer with my child- I cherish every minute I get to spend with him, even if we are just laying in bed watching cartoons and eating chips lol (I was woke up at 2am the other morning to crunching of potato chips and crumbling of the bag) I guess 2 year olds get the munchies too hahaha... 
I didn't file for child support until April 2010_ Brody was 1 year and a month old
I was served with papers from Tyler's (Brody's dads) lawyer, he wanted custody and for me to pay him child support and the whole 9 yards! Thanks but no thanks, I did not and do not want my child taken away from me... I didn't care how much it cost or what I had to do but he was not taking my child away from me!!
As of today June 2011_ Brody is 2 years and 3 months old- 2 lawyers later, I still haven't received a penny..  It is supposedly almost done, just waiting for the judge to sign off on it... All I have to say is, I'm glad I have a good job that I can afford to support me and my child without it! 
I had to fire my 1st lawyer, she wasn't getting anything done- I only spoke with the woman once and that was the only time I ever even seen her- she only wrote 1 letter and she would never return phone calls and I was being charged for every phone call I made and spoke with the receptionist (which was not a very nice lady and I had to give her a little piece of my mind as well)... So ya needless to say I lost my retainer fee plus they said I still owed them money- I told them "good luck with that lol" 
So ya I never wanna have to deal with another lawyer for the rest of my life! And when they tell u a retainer fee, that is not for everything, that is just a start of it!
More to come>>>>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment